Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sometimes I amaze myself


Was feeling a little bumbed out for the past few days. I have been in a funk that i could not get out of. I started looking through some of my textile stashes and found the pretty vintage pillow cases i have had for some time wondering what to do with them.. I love all the totes that people are making so i thought , surely you can sew a simple tote... Well now i am no sewer, never have been, and have never been able to sew a straight line. NOT KIDDING!!! Well i wondered how i could get the pillow case into a tote... Sew.... lol.. i took it in my hands and just started turning it inside out and pulling this way and tucking that way... I found a way that i thought would work and went for it... Well to my surprise, i had sewn a tote in about an hour... Drum roll please...

Sweet Yellow and white with touches of brown.. I love the old fashion carriages and the yellow polka dots... Inside i even added a yellow chenille pocket for your keys or cell phone. I just may make a few more of these.. I do have more pillow cases.

1 comment:

Sondra Behne' said...

Hello Sheila
Just stopped in to say hi again, niticed you did another posting. If it helped you out of your sump for even a short while, I'm so happy for you. It must be going around because I am having a hard time this past month getting motivated too. Not sure if its the weather or what but I need a good kick to get me back to my old self again soon. Keep up the postings, I'll be back. Have a great week-end
Sandi