Monday, March 15, 2010

Do you plant a garden.. A veggie garden that is.

We have just spent the weekend getting the ground ready for planting a garden. Since we just moved here and it is new ground there are a lot of rocks to be picked up and stumps to grind up, and tree roots to pick up .  We will never pick up all the rocks , no one does.  But the ground is tilled.. It will be a rather large garden, but i want it that way , as i will plant many things.  We will eat what we can, and can what can't.. But then too we will eat what we can... lol...

I will plant extra just for the rabbits.. They love fresh veggies.. Lettuce , spinach,carrots, radishes.. Yep they like radish... Any way i will show you as we go along.. Even if we move i will still come over here and do the garden, it is only a twenty minute drive.... Of course Rowdy has to strike a pose for you..  

4 comments:

Judi said...

I love to garden both flowers and veggies Sheila and you sure have plenty of space for the rabbits to get their share! Seems you are off to a great start!! Judi

Soggibottom said...

New gardens can be hard work... believe me it gets easier, as long as you put plenty of organic bulk in and take out the weeds. Long days in the sunshine in the Summer eating and weeding.. fantastic x x x

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi Sheila, Wow, some nice acreage, and a garden is so nice to have that takes a lot of work.... but oh so worth it and to think your going to share it with the rabbits.. I don't know what to say... Ha ha I can't believe how big Rowdy is, my goodness that dog is Big! Hey I'm sorry about your home not selling, you still have some time though, and I do wish you all the best. Hang in there girl!!

Hugs*

Shirley said...

Hi Sheila, Your flower and veggie garden will a fruit of love. I leave it to my neighbor has his garden on us and in return I get fresh veggies out of it. It is easier that way. Take care.